Monday, August 15, 2016

Kindergarten

Today was the first day of school. Madeline had a great day. She could not wait for school to start...she has been waiting and waiting to go to kindergarten. We struggled with putting her in public school, but several things lined up and we felt that for now, this is where God wants her. Our school system is pretty conservative and when I walked her in this morning, they were playing Klove and I felt like God just reassured me that He has got this. 

Anyway, we were up extra early. Madeline wanted cinnamon rolls so I made them homemade. I also told her she could have whatever she wanted for dinner and I would cook it. She picked "a hot dog pool party". So I obliged...happily! 


When did she get so big?!


I walked her in and said a quick good-bye. I made it all the way to my driveway before the tears rolled in. I just don't want to not be there when someone is mean to her, when she feels unsure of herself, when she gets hurt or just needs a hug. Sunday at church they brought all the kids up front and we prayed over them, their teachers and administrators, and the school year ahead. The preacher prayed specifically, "Lord let them be who You would have them to be, not what others want them to be." That is all I could ever hope for her...not that she's the smartest, the funniest, the prettiest, but that she shines the light of Jesus. 

Finally just for fun here's a little Kindergarten questionnaire we did today. 

  1. What's your favorite color?  Pink
  2. What's your favorite food? Potato skins
  3. What's your favorite animal? A horse or a cat 
  4. Whats your favorite song? Wrecking Ball - thank Terry for that one 
  5. What's your favorite movie? Frozen 
  6. What do you want to be when you grow up? A zookeeper, in the Air Force and a nurse 
  7. What's your favorite thing about Ethan? his laugh 
  8. What's your favorite thing about Mommy? when you swim with me in the pool
  9. What's your favorite thing about Daddy? When he plays with me 
  10. What's your favorite store? the library 

Thank you, Lord for her sweet little life and the goodness of motherhood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment