Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

There are SO many blessings that have come with being married to Terry. However, after being married to him for over 8 years I have found that I lost a very important part of myself....my love of shopping in massive crowds of crazy people fighting over a $10 infant laptop. I used to go Black Friday shopping every year but the longer I was married to Terry the more he had me convinced that it was crazy madness that only an insane person would participate in. Sadly, I let my priorities get out of order....but there is a happy ending to this story. This year changed me...I am back! It must be Madeline bringing out the best in me! I headed out this year at 9pm with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. We went to Toys r Us which I have to admit was a little too wild for me but then we went to Walmart. After Walmart we tackled Bealls then when they pooped out, my friend picked me up and we headed to Target.  I finally called it quits a little after 3am. I can't tell you how Black Friday shopping makes me feel. I got this rush of adrenaline. It is the BEST feeling! I love getting a bargain and seeing people fight over Dora pajamas that are only about $3 cheaper than normal just puts me in the holiday spirit. I realize I sound crazy but to see all these people so passionate about a good deal just warms my heart. I got so many cute presents for my baby for her first Christmas and birthday and have decided this will be my tradition. It's not cheap having Christmas and your only child's birthday just three days apart so any deal I can get helps! Anyway, it was SO fun and I am SO ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You are funny girl! Glad to see you back...happy holidays:)

    ReplyDelete