I didn't intentionally take a month off from blogging. Life has been hectic and my computer that has all my pictures and that I blog from crashed and Terry hasn't had a chance to fix it. He ended up remodeling our hall bathroom....not for aesthetics...for necessity! I have lots to post about but wanted to do a Thanksgiving post today. Sorry for no pictures...I am not sure I want to upload them on the laptop because there are SO many.
We are in Florida at Terry's parents house for Thanksgiving. I think you would be hard pressed to find two people who love their granddaughter more than they love Madeline. She adores them as well and has been completely comfortable from the moment we got here -- thinking all those hours on Skype have paid off! Anyway, I wanted to list all the things I am thankful for so here goes...
1. For Jesus...for loving me and for saving me...so thankful for His forgiveness and unconditional love
2. For Terry...I have to admit I was concerned about how he would do with a baby. He really is an amazing Dad and I couldn't ask for anyone to love my baby more. He adores her! Through thick and thin, he is my best friend and my partner in this sometimes crazy life!
3. For my sweet Madeline...words could never express how I feel about my girl. She lights up my life and is the most amazing blessing. Her little personality is incredible, and she has brought so much joy to my life.
4. For my family...my parents and Terry's parents. They have supported and encouraged us over the years and have given us examples of how to make marriage last. I am thankful for Christian influences in our lives and hope we can love our children like they have loved us. My brother, sister, and sister-in-laws....love them all dearly. My niece and nephews...I love them so much and each one of them is so special to me in their own way.
5. My Granny...I wanted to be just like her when I was little. She is my only surviving grandparent and I love her so much. She is the most generous person I have ever met. I am also so very thankful for my grandparents who are already with Jesus. They made a huge impact on my life, and were phenomenal people. My Mamaw loved Jesus and was the nicest, most genuine person I have ever known. She truly never had a bad thing to say about anyone. My Pap for all the mornings he took us fishing with him, and for forgiving us for no telling how many animals we scared away that would've been a sure shot for him! My Papaw who could make a friend out of anyone and would talk to anyone anywhere anytime -- now you know where I get it! My Papaw could make anyone laugh and lit up any room he was in. I miss them and hope to leave the same legacy with my children and grandchildren that they have left with me.
6. My pups...I realize my friends should probably be next but let's be honest for a second -- who loves me unconditionally? Who greets me every morning with a smile, wagging tail, and a kiss? I love my pups so much -- they have seen me through some rough times and are always the same. No one loves you like a dog...
7. My friends...I am so thankful for all of them. This year I am especially thankful for Stephanie. She has helped me tremendously since we moved to San Angelo. We have laughed a LOT, cried some, and had some of the best conversations about everything. She has made my life better and I think that's the true beauty of friendship. I am also especially thankful for my friends who have been there for me for years...you have all made my life so sweet and I am so grateful that I know I can pick up the phone and call you whether it has been ten minutes or ten months since we talked and you are always there for me. I love you!
8. My church...the move to San Angelo has been tough for us, but our lives have been tremendously blessed by our church. I can't adequately describe the love the people in our church have for Jesus and for each other. It is the most loving body of believers I have ever been apart of. Our pastor is wonderful and would be there in a second if we needed him, as would anyone else in the church. It really is unbelievable how incredible these people are! We love them so much and am so thankful that the Lord led us there. I am thankful that Madeline's first church is such a loving church!
9. The everyday comforts I take for granted...I am thankful to live in such a nice home with heat and air conditioning. I am thankful for food to eat, a cozy bed to sleep in, and a car to get us around. Thankful for a country where I can worship Jesus, and for men and women who work day in and day out to protect our freedom. (thanks, Terry) I am thankful for Terry's job and mine and that we are able to live the life that we do. I only wish I stopped to count my blessings more often.
10. I am thankful for Taco Bell, Stripes fountain sodas, and kazoozles. I can't explain how these three things have helped me through some tough days! Stripes has this soda machine that has cherry, lime, or vanilla flavoring that dispenses with your soda. So on a tough day I always know I can go there and get a 32oz cherry diet Pepsi and everything will be ok! :) If it's been a really bad day, I add kazoozles which is the most delicious candy on the planet! I can't describe them and I can only find them at Stripes though. And who doesn't like Taco Bell? I mean what is better than Pintos and cheese?
Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!