Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sweet Summertime

We are LOVING summer!!! I am trying to keep a good balance of doing fun things and things that need to get done. Here's what we've been up to lately...

Madeline made this delicious smelling scentsy for me with the dogs' food! 

We've been spending a LOT of time in our infinity pool! :) Ahhh, maybe one day! The bad thing is when Terry's involved, it gets dangerous. For Madeline, the more dangerous, the better. I try to just not watch and say a little prayer! 


I pretended not to watch her jump off the slide into the pool. She loved every second of it though!!! 

We've been visiting the nature center since its cheap and Madeline LOVES it. She asks to go see the animals at least once a day so I do try to take her once a week or so. She gets it confused with the zoo though and will ask me where the giraffes and lions are...maybe one day, San Angelo! The girl who works there got this guy out while we were there. I tried not to show my panic and disgust. I just wanted to step on him. I don't mind most bugs and will even put them outside as opposed to squashing them - roaches are the exception though. I squash 'em every time. Gross! 


Madeline loves the bugs and thinks most of them are "so sweet"! Just like her momma!


This guy below is fairly new. I guess I've never really seen a possum really up close but he was kinda cute. He had really sharp teeth though and long thumbs.  



They have several box turtles that live in this flower bed. If I ever find one, I think I'll keep it. The guy was telling me they're pretty much the lowest maintenance pet ever. They live outside, eat lettuce and dog food, and go under ground if it gets too hot or too cold. They're super cute and they don't bite. I had one as a kid and loved it. Although, for some reason he escaped from the foil lasagna pan I tried to keep him in! As a kid, if I found an animal anywhere, I brought it home - sometimes I'd show my parents and sometimes I'd deal with it on my own! hah
 I can't adequately describe how fond I am of this guy. He is super cute and minus the curls we seem to have the same hair problems. I loved him! 



 We've been playing at the lake a little too. Madeline loves the playground and she's finally at an age where my heart doesn't race the whole time she's climbing on everything. Terry picked out her outfit and shoes and she looked adorable! 

We sure are enjoying summer and being together! Trying to savor every second! 

No comments:

Post a Comment