Sunday, March 3, 2013

Exhausted...

I know I have been a real slacker in my blog world. But in the real world, I have been putting in some serious hours. It's a little after midnight and I just finished a paper that's due tomorrow by midnight. Write that down - I usually wait until the very last minute!!! 

Anyway, I hosted a golf tournament this weekend to raise money for my trip to Kenya and it turned out much better than I anticipated. After a whole lot of hustlin', we had about 40 people show up to golf. Olive Garden donated lunch and the weather was so pretty! I think the guys had a good time, and three of the teams left with a very Miami-vice looking trophy for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! haha I let the guy at the award shop design them and they were pretty 80's - ish but they were nice and he gave me a good deal! 

I would post pictures but I didn't take any!!!! I can't believe I did that but my mind was in too many directions Saturday! Anyway, after all was said and done, I raised about $1300 toward my trip and had almost an entire pan of lasagna left over and a whole bottle of OG salad dressing. Can't beat that! Oh and about 100 of those chocolate mints - Terry has been in heaven! :) Happy Sunday and thanks to everyone who helped make the tournament a success! 

2 comments: