Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Break....

So much has happened since I last blogged. The repair people replaced our baseboards, and nailed one right into a pipe in the wall in our bedroom. So that was fun. They're almost done with the repairs from that. 

We spent Spring Break in Florida. I can't believe we're going to be living there in less than a year. It was a little overwhelming because all of the houses we thought we really liked were in neighborhoods with NO backyards or they were short sales or whatever. We drove by the last house I posted about and there was all kinds of crazy mismatched construction, and rotting wood. It was disappointing to say the least. It is crazy to me how close together new houses are there. I don't think we could have even put a swing-set in the backyard in most of them. But we did a ton of driving and did find a couple of neighborhoods that we loved. 

We found two houses that we loved but we're not quite ready to buy until our house sells. But we for sure know where we want to live, and have a couple of schools picked out for Madeline. I LOVED the zoo school, but Terry was just so-so on it. They have chapel every Monday, and Zoology day on Wednesdays where they bring over an animal from the zoo and tell the kids all about it. They also have to learn 3 Bible verses a week which I thought was so great. It is kind of out of the way though. There's one other Christian school we're considering so we'll see closer to time. Anyway, we got a lot done, but had some fun too!


 I know there are people out there who don't like the beach. I can't even wrap my mind around that. This is the beach where we'll be living - we'll probably be living in a neighborhood that sits on the bay that dumps into this so it's about a 3-5 minute drive. It is breath takingly beautiful. We grew up about 30 minutes from  here, and this is the beach we always went to but I don't think I ever really appreciated it.



These two were for sure in their happy place!!   

This kid did not stop moving the whole time we were there. She was dancing and jumping. She ended up soaking wet before we left even though it was cold. She just couldn't resist getting in, and we let her because we're cool like that!

 After we left the beach we headed out to Terry's uncle's house for a little bonfire and family time. I just love that we can go to the beach and the woods in the same day! We rode 4wheelers and just hung out around the fire. Madeline had so much fun.
 And if this isn't the sweetest picture, I don't know what is. Madeline wanted to swing so I got up to take her, and she said, "No, I want to swing with Papaw!" So sweet!
We're so grateful that God blessed us with this assignment. Not many military families get such a blessing, and we are so grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Tears, and Cheers!! Happy and Sad!! :)

    The beach is breath taking!!

    ReplyDelete