Friday, September 27, 2013

Aha Friday...

So I posted about having to have a mammogram and an ultrasound and I thought I edited the post before anyone saw it, but anyway, all is well. I have a cyst that they said I could have removed but it would probably come back so I am just going to leave it alone for now. BTW,  mammograms really aren't that bad - getting my eyebrows waxed today was much worse!

It was a long week this week. I had an intense clinical week and in the back of my mind I was a little worried about what the results of the mammogram and the ultrasound might be. I felt like God kept showing Himself to me this week though. I was reminded over and over of His goodness, and the miracle of life. 
 
To top it off, I had my first "aha" moment in clinicals on Wednesday. I am fairly certain that women's health is where I want to work. Labor and delivery, NICU, or postpartum. I was CERTAIN when I started nursing school that I did not want ANY part of any of that but I had my first rotation there this week and I was on cloud 9. It was an incredible high all day long! I worked in the ICU this week too which I liked but I think I am too emotional to work in there. I learned a lot but I also got choked up a lot too. 
 
The other great thing that happened this week was I had a chance encounter with the community outreach person for the Pregnancy Help Center in San Angelo. The Help Center has been on my mind for a few months, but I tend to push things to the back of my mind until God slaps me in the face with them. So a few weeks ago, I got invited to go to their dinner - thanks, Shyanne! And then Tuesday, I met the director - totally a God thing as she said. So hopefully I can help out in some small way - I'll find out more Monday.

On top of all the seriousness, I got an early birthday present. My dad asked me about a month ago what I wanted for my birthday. So I completely jokingly told him he could fly me to the Alabama game - they play Arkansas on my birthday. So he called Terry, worked out the details, and my Dad and I will be in Tuscaloosa on my birthday to watch the game! I am so excited - I almost peed my pants when he told me! Roll Tide!!!

It's been a good and trying week! I am excited for the weekend!

Happy Friday! 

BTW - it's almost October. October 2013 is officially known in our house as "Melissa's 30th Birthday Month!" :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment