Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What Happened to March???

It's April 2nd! How did that happen? March flew by and I hardly blogged about any of it! 

I started my residency and like it so much! I LOVE the floor I am working on, and am really hoping they will hire me. It just depends on whether or not the hospital decides to have graduate nurse positions this year. So we'll see - I am really trying not to stress about it! 

I've also been working on what I like to think of as my second child. My portfolio for graduation. I have never spent so much time on a project and I am almost done!!! It's about 200 pages of things I have done over throughout school to show I am "competent".



I also got this little gem yesterday....YAY!!! 


We also decided to list our house with an agent. The agent we chose is selling our home through the Homes for Heroes program, and I couldn't be happier about it. A certain amount from the sale of our house will go to them to help provide a home for a "hero". I love this program - my cousin who was injured in Iraq got a home through them so it makes me feel so good to be able to support them! 
Anyway, the agent officially listed it yesterday, and we have two showings today. Needless to say I have been cleaning and cleaning. I am afraid it may sell sooner than I wanted it to, but I can't complain about that! We have a house on base as of May 5th so we should be ok. Nothing like moving and finals all in the same week! 
I also did a health fair for school last weekend in Cristoval. It was fun but I thought it was kind of a waste of time because there weren't many people there. I thought our table turned out cute though and that's really all that matters. 


And I am hosting my 2nd and LAST ever golf tournament this weekend for Project Humanity. I am sure it will be fun, but it is SO much work! 





I also got to tell the kids at church about Africa. I know why Jesus loves children so much. There is something so sweet and innocent about the way they see the world. I just love their sweet little hearts and how much our church invests in our kids! I have been so blessed by our church! 


Enough about me...my sweet girl has been living it up too! She loves school, and sometimes when I want her to stay home with me, she asks to go to school instead. I don't really know how to take that! :)  She's been living it up at birthday parties, and cracking us up! She has started sleeping in shoes, and any other accessories she deems appropriate. I love that girl!








 Hoping April isn't quite so crazy! :) 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation! Aside from graduating being like having a fresh start, nothing else screams "fresh start" as selling your home and getting a new one. I'm really impressed that you used a program that recognizes honorable people in your community when selling. Nothing feels better than doing your part in helping the community, even as you are moving away.
    Casandra Roberts @ GatewaySelect.com

    ReplyDelete