Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekend Update



We didn't do a whole lot this weekend. Madeline is still on the mend so we have been taking it pretty easy! 

Gizmo legitimately thinks this is his chair now. The first time he got in there, I thought it was cute but a fluke. Nope, he's found a new home for himself. 

Thankfully, he's nice enough to share...this is how I found him and Polly when I got out of the shower Friday! haha


Madeline wasn't allowed to go to school all last week and she's not allowed to do any physical activity for 2 weeks. So far that's been the hardest part of her surgery. When I checked on her during quiet time Friday, I just laughed, walked out and closed the door behind me. Whatever it takes to keep her still I guess...we did clean it all up Saturday though! 


Just swinging...sweet boy! Check out that belly - this boy loves to eat! 


Friday night was Terry's squadron Christmas party. It's the one squadron event we attend every year, and it never disappoints. It is always SO fun! 


Terry and the guys he works with all ordered these crazy suits like a month ago. ALL I have heard about for a month is how awesome they were going to look at the party. They were definitely the talk of the party!

They're a good group of guys...they've really been supportive of Terry and our family over the past year. They also deploy a lot...so when you're praying for our troops overseas, these are the faces of the people you are praying for! 

Terry picked Madeline up from the child care (they have it on site which is brilliant), and when I went out to meet them, they were dancing in the hallway. I could have melted. 



My loves minus Ethan who snoozed through the whole party. I kept him with us since he's so little and he literally slept through the whole party. The party was SO loud but he never made a peep. He's seriously the best baby! 


Madeline helped me with Ethan on Saturday. She was giving him a bottle and then she tried to burp him...haha She really is a big helper but after about 5 minutes of feeding him or holding him, she's over it. 


Saturday afternoon we went shopping for a few things for the house. We've had blank walls in the living room and foyer since we moved in. We definitely made some progress. I want to get a few more things for the foyer and then we'll be done with those rooms. I feel like it's taken forever to get this house decorated, but it's getting there slowly but surely. 


Sunday we worked on hanging pictures and cleaning up. Then we went to the woods for the afternoon. We saw lots of deer tracks but no deer. There are also a ton of black bears here...people have them in their yards all the time. Do you think I have seen one bear? Of course not...I'm still hoping! 

Madeline got to hang out in the back of the truck with Terry's friend and she thought it was the best thing ever. Madeline loves the woods...pinecones, sticks, dirt...she definitely has a little redneck blood running through her! 


This little cutie sat in my lap up front...he loves the sunshine and being outside. There were lots of tears when the driving resumed and he and Madeline had to buckle up. Poor babies! 



I'm afraid there's almost nothing Terry loves more than driving through woods running over things. It gives me anxiety! haha The woods really are so peaceful though! 


We ate dinner out and Santa was there! Who knew Santa likes Texas Roadhouse?!  It was a low key, good weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment