Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's New...

Madeline ended up getting croup and stidor on top of a double lung infection. I had never heard of stridor but when she would breathe in she made this awful sound. By Friday I was so exhausted I was literally on the verge of tears all day. She got some new meds and is back to her usual happy self...now she's cutting more bottom teeth. I have talked to moms who didn't even know when their babies were teething. We haven't been quite that lucky...I can't imagine how bad it must hurt. Anyway, I am very thankful my baby is better and sleeping through the night!

The deadline for applications for nursing school was one week ago today. I still haven't heard anything...my heart races just thinking about it. I am so nervous. There are about 550 pre-nursing students. Not sure how many applied but I know there are about 30 spots. I have been checking my email obsessively...I don't do well with waiting.

Along those same lines, I looked at a daycare for Madeline on Monday. I really liked them on the phone and they've been in business for a long time, and of course, I checked their inspection reports and they were pretty good. Well, I walked in and after I choked back tears thinking about leaving her, I had to choke back vomit from the smell of the place. I was so disappointed. She can always go on base where the teachers are nice and it is very clean, but it is more expensive than any other place in town. Also, if Terry deploys (which is about 99% likely next year) she'll be on the other side of town from me while I'm at school. I know that is so dumb but I want to be close in case something happens. I also look at it like it's a few more minutes I get to spend with her on the way there and on the way home. I am having a hard time with this in case you can't tell.

Saturday a few girls from church helped me throw a "sprinkle" for our sweet friend, Shyanne, Shyanne does all kinds of things at church. She runs Awana and does an amazing job. She is super crafty and cute and I really wanted to something for her and her sweet baby girl. I also tend to look for reasons to have a party... I saw a baby shower with an "About to Pop" theme on another blog and thought it was so cute. So that set it in motion. I chose a popcorn theme and did foods that all "pop". I did a red, yellow, and white color scheme which I was really second guessing last minute but when everything was put together I really liked it. It's hard for me to imagine anything without pink in it being cute but I really liked the red, yellow, and white. Ok -- I have given way too many boring details. Here's a couple of pictures.




Shyanne with her mom and MIL

Sunday I missed church. I think lack of sleep caught up with me. It turned out to be a good thing though because I ended up starting my homework around 10am and didn't finish until 11pm. That's right...ALL day! It was terrible. Terry put new floors down in the living room and our bedroom. I'll post pictures soon but it looks so good! Anyway, that's pretty much what's new...except for one thing. But that deserves it's own post. No, I'm not pregnant and we're not moving. I'll try to post it tonight or tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment