Friday, August 10, 2012

Halls That Haunt Me...

Military medical facilities hold painful memories for me. Especially labs in these facilities. I have had countless amounts of blood drawn over the years to monitor  hcg levels for babies who didn't make it. When you have a history of miscarriage, they check these levels every other day to check the progress of the baby early on. I have had far more many "bad news" calls than good. I can remember looking at my bruised arms wondering why I would put myself through those tests over and over to get the same result. I can distinctly remember being in a place in life when I really believed I would not carry a child to term. 

 As hectic as our day was on Wednesday, I literally choked up as I held Madeline's hand walking down the halls of the clinic on base to the lab. All of those memories came flooding back to me for some reason, and for a second I really couldn't believe  the most painful journey in my life lead to the sweetest blessing. The miracle of her is never far from my mind, and I can't believe how much God has blessed me through her sweet little life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment