Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's All Terry's Fault...

Have you ever been part of a joke that you think may have gone too far? Maybe you were the one who took it that far? Well, I blame Terry for one that I have become a part of over the last few months. It started about 6 months ago when this lady who I have since figured out has done one too many drugs began calling our house from the local hospital. She literally called over 30 times between 10am and 2pm one day. She left several messages for "Don". Some of them a little PG-13 although entertaining. I tried repeatedly explaining there is no Don here to no avail. I finally gave up and unplugged the phone. As soon as I plugged it back in, it started ringing off the hook again. I finally called the hospital and they removed the phone from her room. 

Well, said lady is very persistent and continues to call our house and ask for Don. At all hours - to the point that the phone has the ringer turned way down so it doesn't wake us up at night. I cannot count how many times I have told her she has the wrong number. How do you convince a crazy person that they have the wrong number for someone? 

Well, a few weeks ago I mentioned to Terry that she had left a few messages and he tells me that when she calls and he answers the phone, he always tells her some reason why Don isn't here right now. I was a little mad but kinda laughed and decided to go along with it. Well, last week she was on a very persistent streak so I told her after the third call in a row that Don was out with his lady friend. Even as I write this, I am cracking up. She gave a long "mmmmmmm-hmmmmm", huffed, and hung up. 

Fast forward to tonight. Said lady decided to call about a minute ago - it is 11pm right now. I finally told her the truth - "Don is spending the night out". To which she replied with an expletive and hung up. Terry says too far, Mel. Too far. But both of our stomachs hurt from laughter. Poor Don. If you're out there, I'm sorry! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Y'all are the funniest people I know!! This is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete