Monday, July 9, 2012

We Survived...

Well, we survived today. I fought back tears all morning and purposely didn't get ready for the day before I took Madeline this morning. Terry met me there to drop her off - I know he thinks I am crazy but it really meant a lot to me that he came. I did ok and then when they wrote her name on the sign-in sheet, I felt the lump in my throat and the tears stinging my eyes. We took her to her classroom and when the teacher asked me what her name was, I barely squeaked out "Madeline" and then I did lose it. I am tearing up now just thinking about it. We dropped her stuff off and I gave her a quick hug and a kiss and left. I have done daycare and watched enough kids to know the most painful thing for everyone is to drag it out. I drowned my sorrows in Target and then came home and got ready for school. I called twice to check on her and both times they said she was playing great. They said every now and then she would fuss but for the most part she had a really great first day. They also commented on how cute and sweet she is. It made me feel good. I may or may not have taken 10 or more minutes to pick out an outfit for today. They only thing they said is she refused to take a nap which didn't surprise me. I just let her stay up when we got home so hopefully she will go to bed early and we can get an earlier start tomorrow. 



I snapped this really quick before we left this morning. She was blissfully unaware she was headed to daycare! 



She has been so good this afternoon but I can tell she is tired. She got really quiet for a little while and I went to check on her and this is what I found. She hasn't done this in a while but clearly I let my guard down. She and the dogs were chowing down on some Lucky Charms! 


She very politely offered some to me! 


She also helped clean up the mess! 


Then the politeness wore off and she told me to "stop". 


I know that face is a little precocious but I just love her so much. I really think sometimes my heart is going to explode from how much love I have for her. 

Happy Monday! Ours was so much better than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment