Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Around The House



I have managed to get approximately three rooms finished since we've lived here. The dining room, the kitchen, and the office. It just takes me a long time to decide what to put where. But I LOVE my office. I thought it would be waste of space when we were building the house, but we actually spend a decent amount of time in here. 




Close up of the shelves...everything on them is my favorite! My pup statue, my elephant, my baby when she turned two, me with my dad at my wedding, and reminders of my sweet sweet friends! 





Mixing colors and patterns is WAY out of my comfort zone. Word on the street is matchy matchy is out so I tried to keep it eclectic. It was a struggle - especially the patterns but I like how it turned out. 

The view from the other side of the room. 


 
  I didn't realized standard curtains would be too short when I bought them. I've yet to fix them, and honestly its about item #5,698 on my priority list. A friend of mine said she could just add another panel to the bottom and they would be just fine, but I haven't gotten around to it. #curtainproblems


We also finally got the backyard fixed. We cheated and hired somebody to do it. I asked them to plant stuff that can't be killed. So far, I've pruned the roses and THEY CAME BACK! #canIgetanamen? #Ikillgreenthings 

The grass has taken perfectly and so far the plants are living. One thing we'll do next spring is replace the mulch with rocks...hello mulch in the pool every time it rains. 






Can you spy the tiny bay tree we planted in the corner? So far its done really well! 
We still have to stain the fence which will be our next project. It is SO hot though so we've been putting it off. Once that's done we'll be through with the yard until next year. 

Just because she's cute...


Happy Wednesday! 

1 comment:

  1. Your backyard is out of a magazine!!! The office looks AWESOME!! You did really good decorating it!!

    ReplyDelete