Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Update...

This weekend was a total bust...

The weather has been like this for the past 3 days...

I am thankful for the rain but we have had some nasty lightning! 

I sent this to Steph on Friday because I was feeling like I was in a funk I couldn't shake. I had an off day at work, and just wasn't feeling like myself. This meme fits me to a T... I love me some gangsta rap! Given the two hour nap I took that afternoon, I guess it didn't help much...

 I got off early (I worked an extra shift), and came home and passed out on the couch. Like out, dead to the world out. Next thing I knew, Terry was waking me up to go to Madeline's Pre-K orientation. I am not typically a napper - but I was SO tired. 

We went to orientation and then took Madeline out to dinner. 

These two are my favorite! 

How can I expect her to behave? #likefatherlikedaughter

Her cubby...

Her teacher is so sweet - her name is Ms. Stephanie and we love her. I LOVE her new school. They are so wonderful! I can't wait to see how much she learns this year! 

We got home around 8:30, I wasn't feeling great and had started coughing a little so I took Nyquil and went to bed. I didn't wake up until 9am Saturday. I started coughing more and noticed a little rattling in my chest throughout the day but figured it was just a cold. 

Saturday night we went out to dinner with a couple of friends and played spades. 
 We went to this oyster bar and grill and I loved the trees. Too bad when we got there they had no oysters and no "grill" menu. Then they were out of sweet tea too so we left. We get serious about our tea. ;) 

The girls won spades - the boys gave themselves 2nd place...they were SO bitter that we won! 

I went to bed pretty early again and slept another 12 hours. I felt like I couldn't get up. My cough got worse throughout the day yesterday. I was rattling so bad Terry could hear it sitting next to me and I was wheezing. Terry doesn't really worry about me but he was worried and asked if he could take me to the ER. I told him I'd go to urgent care but I'd drive myself so he could stay with Madeline.

I HATE going to the doctor but I am so glad I did. I have pneumonia - WHAT?! It came on SO quick.  The doctor said I was "a day or two from landing myself in the hospital" and my lungs "sound like junk all over". My pulse was 134 and I knew I was short of breath but I honestly did not think I was that sick. 

I looked up pneumonia memes in the doctors office to amuse myself. 
images courtesy of google images 

I was really trying not to cry about it. I knew school was starting today, and I was so upset about being so sick. Oh the pinterest projects I'll have to make up for next year. They gave me two shots in the office and then I picked up the rest of my meds and finally got home around 9 last night. 

My new  best friend...

So Terry is home today, and is making sure I behave. My house is a wreck, we have no groceries, and I am useless. My friend Elsa, would tell me to Let It Go. :) 

Here's hoping for a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment