Tuesday, May 3, 2011

4 Months Old


Today was Madeline's 4 month check up at the doctor. I have mixed emotions about going to the doctor with her. I love seeing how much she has grown and tracking her progress, but I hate watching the nurse give her shots. One of the vaccines she got today, she had to swallow and she made the funniest face when the nurse gave it to her. It must have tasted pretty bad according the Madeline's expression. The nurse said she had never seen a baby make a face like that! Then came the other shots and the tears. Madeline didn't cry as much today as she did at her 2 month appointment, but I still hated it. I hate seeing her in pain! She got over it pretty quickly though. Her chubby little legs are a little red, but she seems fine. She was so funny today. She destroyed the paper that they gave me about what to expect with at 4 months, and completely destroyed the paper on the exam table. She would not be still for her exam and kept rolling over. She was also pulling herself up on the doctor's wrists! Her doctor was pretty surprised at how strong she is! She said she'll probably be sitting up soon. Madeline is doing the same thing in the bathtub and in her bouncy seat. She can't seem to be still anymore! Her doctor said she is perfectly healthy and to start giving her rice cereal twice a day. At 6 months, she'll start on fruits and veggies. I hope Madeline will wait that long! She is in the 75th percentile for weight but only the 50th for height and head circumference. I knew she was packing on the pounds lately! :) I don't think there is anything cuter than a chubby baby!




My Sweet Madeline,



You are 4 months old! I cant believe how quickly time is going by!



You weigh 14lbs 6oz -- becoming a big girl!!



You are 24 and 1/2 inches tall!



Your head is 16 and 1/4 cm around!



You wear 3-6 months size clothes and a size 1-2 shoe and we are moving up to size 2 diapers!



You roll EVERYWHERE now - I have to keep a close eye on you!



You squeal with delight most of the time - you are very loud! Sometimes you squeal when you are mad, bored, or frustrated! Daddy and I love hearing your voice and crack up at you all the time!



You LOVE getting a bath - I think you would stay in there all night if I let you. Last night we got out you bath toys for the first time. Daddy is a little jealous of your light up star fountain! Truthfully, I am too -- its a pretty cool toy!



You love your exersaucer, your swing still, and have started to really like your bouncy seat. You grab the fish hanging down and pull yourself up to try to sit up!



You grab EVERYTHING - especially Daddy's glasses and anything we are holding!



You love to pet the dogs and you open your mouth when Polly licks you -- I hate that, but the two of you are becoming fast friends and are so sweet to watch!



You nap in your swing and sleep in bed with me at night. You still wake up 2-3 times a night to eat - I am not counting on you ever sleeping through the night! I plan on having you in your own bed before you go to college! I love to snuggle with you at night!



You go to sleep around 10pm and wake up around 9:30am. I love that you sleep late!



You seem to be indifferent with your rice cereal but you kick your legs and flail your arms while you are eating it. All 3 dogs watch closely and hope for a little bite which you are more than happy to give them!



You like sitting up in your bumbo seat but not for very long at a time.



You LOVE to watch TV - not sure if that's a good thing but it does help me get things done around the house sometimes.


Daddy and I love you more than we could ever tell you. You are such a good baby and have so much personality already. I thank God for you constantly and pray that you will grow up to love Jesus. I pray that one day you will find your Prince Charming and have children of your own so you can experience the same joy I have had since you were born. You are my little miracle and I love you very much, sweet girl!





















1 comment: