Thursday, May 19, 2011

Baby Food and Bedtime








I have been talking about Madeline's sleeping habits with my mom, mother-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, and a couple of friends, and the general consensus was she might sleep better if I started giving her veggies and fruits. So despite what my paper from the doctor states, I decided to try it Tuesday. Let me back track just a little. Monday night Madeline took me back to the newborn days and literally slept no more than an hour and a half at a time. Tuesday was one of the worst days she has had since she was born. She cried constantly and not just the whiny cry. It was a piercing, I am in pain, kind of cry. She has been drooling for over a month now and putting things in her mouth, but recently she has started biting down on things, including our fingers! So on Tuesday when ALL else failed, Terry went to the store for orajel. I have to mention he went for baby orajel and came back with a tube of baby orajel, baby orajel nighttime, baby orajel swabs, Humphrey's teething tablets, and a pack of 5 teething rings. Mind you he went to Walgreens for all of this so it was quite pricey, but I thought it was so sweet! I would have come home with one tube of the off brand of baby orajel! haha Okay so anyway, I had decided on Tuesday before the orajel to start giving Madeline baby food. I have wanted to make her baby food since before she was born so Tuesday I made bananas and carrots for her. It was SO easy, much cheaper than baby food, and I feel like it is better for her. She loved them both! I have to mention that the pups love baby food too and are more than willing to "help"me feed her! Today we tried cantaloupe and are going to the store later to get a few more things to try. So on Tuesday she had cereal and bananas around 1pm and carrots around 9pm. I know that seems late and it is but we were out late...blah, blah, blah. She slept from 10 pm to 6:30 am! She woke up once around 1am but only stirred for a few minutes and went back to sleep before I even went into her room. I could not believe it! Last night she went to bed at 9:30, woke up at 3 to eat and slept until 8:30! It is so hard for me to go against what the pediatrician says but clearly moms do know best! I do have to mention that of all the foods we have tried, paper is probably her favorite! (not that we intentionally fed paper to her but you get the point) She loves paper!!!

2 comments:

  1. HI!! This is Shyanne from church!! I just read through all of your posts on here!!! I love it!! I have a blog too, and so does Eve. Yeah!!! I am going to add you to my blog list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun! I figure it will give Madeline and me both something to look back on one day! :) I'll have to check our your's and Eve's blogs!

    ReplyDelete