Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jesus Calling

This is an excerpt from Jesus Calling that I SO needed today. 

Trust me and do not be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly. You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable. Let me lead you to the Rock that is higher than you and your circumstances. Take refuge in the shelter of my wings, where you are absolutely secure.

When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip my hands tightly and look for growth opportunities. Instead of moaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new. I lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit for my kingdom. Say yes to the ways I work in your life. Trust me, and don’t be afraid.

I am a creature of routine and habit. I thrive on predictability.  I don't like change and uncertainties, which is exactly what I am facing in my life right now. I feel like it is what I have faced for the past year and a half. SO many good changes, yet with that change has come some serious growing pains. We are getting ready to do it again. This is my last week doing daycare. Next week I start a new job at Outback. For the first time in our marriage, I will not contribute significantly financially. Madeline will be in someone else's care. I will not have control of so many things I think I have had control over. Yet I feel so blessed and am so thankful for the opportunity to do what I feel God has called me to do with my life. I know this is His path for us. Now I just have to trust Him. 

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment