Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Love/Hate

I love Easter. I love this time of year, how everyone dresses up so nice on Easter Sunday, and the spirit of Easter. 


I hate that I get wrapped up in the hallmark-ness of Easter, and that so many don't know that it is SO much more than bunnies and egg hunts.




I love the age that Madeline is right now. She started saying please and thank you and it absolutely melts my heart. 

I hate that she climbs on everything all the time and busts her lip or gets a new bruise every day. Ok maybe not every day but close.

I love Terry. With all my heart. 


I hate that I don't show him enough.

I love the way I feel when I am eating healthy and exercising.

I hate the effort and time it requires.

I love summer, the sun, and being outside. I love being in the pool when it's hot outside. 

I hate having to get ready and run errands when its sweltering outside.

I love hats - big floppy ones, little newsboy ones, etc. 

I hate the way they look on me. I have a large head with tons of hair and hats just dont mesh with that.

I love school. I really do. I enjoy learning and I feel young (I know so dumb) when I am walking around campus.

I hate that it takes me away from Madeline and Terry, and the way I feel torn a  lot of the time.

I love to shop.

I hate what it does to my bank account.

I love being a mom. It's something I didn't know would happen for me and I feel so blessed every day to be a parent. 

I hate how fast time goes by. It seems like just yesterday Madeline was a newborn and I felt comatose.



I love being a Christian. I love having a Hope that this painful world we live in, is not where we belong. I love that I am forgiven and His mercies are new every single day, despite Him knowing that I will inevitably make the same mistakes I made yesterday. I love that He sent His Son so that we might have life. I love that I was raised in a home that taught me why we really celebrate Easter. 

I hate that people I know don't share in this Hope. I hate that I can't change their hearts, and that I am not always the example I should be. I hate that there is so much suffering and pain in this world, and that SO many do not know that this world is not the end. I hate that so many don't know how much Jesus loves them.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Peter 1:3

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, girl! I want to buy some floppy summer hats to save my pale, pale skin from burning/cancer. :) I've always thought I looked funny in hats too.
    Do you still use that baby pool with the mushroom sun shade? I was thinking about buying one for Lucy this summer. What is your review on that fine product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the mushroom pool met an untimely demise thanks to a dog :( But it was a good pool while it lasted. It is pretty little but I think Lucy would like it!

    ReplyDelete