Saturday, October 24, 2015

Baby Business


Last week our birth mom had an appointment. I've been going with her to the appointments and last week, we got one last look at this sweet boy before he comes. The ultrasound machine didn't have a printer and I snapped this terrible one with my phone. He was playing with the placenta with his hands. He's head down and dropped. 

Time seems to be crawling and flying at the same time if that makes any sense! Birth mom is doing good too. We all had lunch after the appointment and she and Terry talked FSU football while my friend and I caught up on life. Sometimes when we're all together I really can't believe any of this is my life. When I think about it, a lump automatically forms in my throat and tears in my eyes. I feel so unbelievably blessed.


We've been getting things in the mail here and there. Madeline is loving it! 


We pretty much finished the nursery this week. Terry wanted a sports theme and we both kinda like the more vintage sports look. We finished decorating on Tuesday...I need to get something to keep his toys in but that will come later. We'll also probably get a small chair/glider to go in there since I am sure I'll be spending lots of time in there in the middle of the night! 


Terry got to display some of his collector baseballs finally :) When we bought the furniture, Terry bought this mamaroo swing too. It's pretty awesome - you can turn it off and off from your phone and it plays music via wifi. What in the world will they come up with next? 


Panoramic view


We had the tv in here because it was the guest room and decided to leave it for now so I'll have some 
entertainment in the middle of the night! I'm obsessed with his lamp. We also decided against a changing table - I kinda thought Madeline's was a waste of space so for now, we'll see if this works. 


Here's his little coat rack behind the door. 


I really love how it all came together! Terry says the nursery is just pinterest fodder because we all know the baby will end up sleeping by me and he'll end up on the couch! haha I am so excited but I think I've definitely forgotten how tired we're going to be! 

23 days and counting! 


3 comments:

  1. Looks so great! Can't believe that's the same room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so great! Can't believe that's the same room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOSH!! It looks SO good!!! Can't believe you are getting it together so fast!! It's so sweet to see how each of you are excited about different things!!

    ReplyDelete