Monday, June 6, 2011

I have so much to post about Madeline but I can't find the camera cord right now so I figured I would do a little post about my hand procedure last week. I had this weird lump show up on the palm of my left hand back in February. I didn't think much of it until it doubled in size and started to bother me a little bit. I went to my primary doctor who said she had never seen something in the palm like this and I needed to have it removed. She referred me to a dermatologist who I saw Thursday. He thought it was just a cyst and offered to remove it under local anthesia on Thursday. I hate going to the doctor so I agreed to let them do it in the office. So they numbed my hand which hurt like crazy and then went to town removing the mass. They punched a hole in my skin and then cut it off. Then they cut the mass out of my hand and sewed me up. I watched the whole thing but I must not have looked very good considering how many times they asked if I was ok. Its just weird to feel someone cutting something out of your hand and watching it at the same time. I couldn't feel pain but I could feel the pulling and tugging and snipping while they were trying to get it out. Madeline just sat in stroller during the whole thing drinking her bottle. She is such an angel! I went by myself because Terry was already leaving work early Thursday night for a charity golf tournament he had on Friday. His supervisor didn't want him coming in late and leaving early. So my friend Stephanie came up to the doctor's office so she could take care of Madeline while I had the procedure done. I felt tears stinging the back of my eyes when she got there, not because my hand hurt, but because I didn't want Madeline to go somewhere without me! I am SO crazy when it comes to her -- any normal person would have taken a pain pill and a nap and let their child go, especially with a friend they trust implicitly. But I am psychotic so I went with them to church! Thankfully, Stephanie is the same way so she doesn't judge me! So we went to VBS with my hand bandaged. It took a few hours but when the anesthesia wore off it started to throb. Thankfully, Madeline went to bed easily and only woke up once so I got to sleep that night. It is healing nicely and I get my stitches out in 10 more days. I hate not being able to fully use my left hand but I also don't want an infection so I am trying to be good and let Terry help me around the house and with Madeline. The doctor did say it wasn't a cyst and he didn't particularly like the way it looked so he sent it to pathology. Hopefully I will get the results in the next day or two. I am trying not to worry until we know what it is. Anyway, the last picture is Madeline in her stroller while we were there! She was so good and we were there for almost 2 hours. She is such a big girl now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment