Wednesday, July 20, 2011

8 Years and One Day Ago...




My dad has always said he can sum up marriage in four words. "Marriage is hard work!" I had no idea how true that was when I took my vows eight years ago. I had no idea how much give and take is involved, and that some days I would want to quit. What I did know was that I loved Terry more than I loved anything else in life. All I wanted was to be his wife; to lay my head down on the pillow next to him every night. So eight years and one day ago, I married him. We were SO young...too young probably. It changed my life and it was the best decision I've ever made.  Life has thrown us more than a couple of curve balls,  but Terry never let us quit. God has blessed us beyond measure, and I am so thankful for the gift He gave me in Terry. Here's my top eight "loves" about Terry...

8. He buys me diamonds...just being honest on this one
7. He makes me laugh even when I am boiling mad, he can crack me up
6. He loves our pups as much as I do and lets me throw them birthday parties and buy them Christmas presents
5. He's so smart...he is annoyingly smart...nobody should be good at math and English
4. His honesty...he is who he is ALL the time
3. His laugh -- the one where he really cracks up and can't catch his breath
2. The way he looks at me when I laugh hysterically
1. The way he loves our sweet girl...I love how his voice goes up an octave when he talks to her

Cheers to us, babe! I love you!


1 comment: