Friday, August 30, 2013

Van Gogh

Madeline LOVES to paint. While I love to foster her creative spirit, the artistic gene got skipped in me. Terry has ALL the talent in our family, and it was clear when Madeline asked me to paint a key and I couldn't do it. It looked like a deformed leaf. Nevertheless, we have been painting. It keeps her busy and I feel like its good one on one time. She did paint Gizmo once, but he recovered just fine. 


Yes, I realize she has no shirt on. In her world, it's pretty dresses or nothing at all. I didn't care because although the paint says it's washable, it definitely isn't. Maybe Santa will bring her an apron!!

If you're looking for some paintings to purchase for a REALLY good cause, check out my facebook page. All of the money from the paintings will go to fund Chris' education. It costs about $40 a month for high school there. Just throwing it out there! 

Anyway, it's been a pretty good first week back for Madeline and me. She made her brave face on the first day where she bites her lip and her chin quivers. She changed rooms and teachers, and she just looked so unsure. I lost it and cried all the way to school. Then on Thursday she bawled her eyes out and just clung to my neck - she really never does that. I didn't cry but it broke my heart. I am going to start saving now so I can afford my therapy when she starts kindergarten. 

School is going ok so far for me. It is CRAZY though. LOTS of in class time and LOTS of reading and assignments. Rumor has it that this is the worst semester of nursing school. I am excited though. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and we get to our pediatric and OB rotation which is something I love. I knew for sure that I did not want to do labor and delivery until I helped delivered that baby in Africa. So we'll see. 
 
Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment