Friday, May 23, 2014

Mom's Birthday

 While my parents were here, we got to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I don't think I've been with her on her birthday since we surprised her on her 50th a few years ago. I was so thankful to spend her special day with her. My mom's favorite color is yellow so I tried to theme the party around that. I knew that it wouldn't be what I would normally do since most of our house was in boxes, but I tried to make it special. I really wanted her to have Halfmann's cake, and of course it was amazing! The decorations ended up being half yellow, half princess...wonder how that happened?! :)Madeline took all of her toys out of her closet and into the living room, and "gave" them to Nana for her birthday. Madeline said, "You can have my toys, but not my shoes, ok?" haha

Mom, 

I know you'll read this so I have to put it on here. I am so glad I was able to spend your birthday with you. I look back on my birthdays as a kid, and you and Dad always made them special. It was always a big deal. You did so much more than that though. You cooked the BEST Sunday lunches every week without fail. You made beenie-weenies for us and I seriously doubt you even liked them! You kept kids so you could stay home with us and still help earn income. You read to us every single night and said prayers with us. After my first miscarriage, you were on the first plane to Maryland, cleaned my house, and cooked every meal for us. You sat on our deck and just watched fireflies with me. You didn't have to say a word, you were just there. I'll never forget that night. You sacrificed a lot for our family - I see that now. I know now how hard it is to be a mom, work, and go back to school. Thank you for all that you did for us. Thank  you for still being a mom when I need you to be, and my friend when I need one. Thank you for loving Terry like he's your own son.  I want you to know that I am so proud of you. I am proud to be your daughter, proud of the work you do at church and the pregnancy center, and proud of just you. It's no wonder Madeline dressed like you all week, and wanted to be just like you. I love you, and thank God for your influence in my life. I hope you had a great birthday!

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest party yet. Brought tears to my eyes. So glad you were able to celebrate with her, and the cake looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete