Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend...a super long post!

We planned months ago to take a trip after I graduated, and decided to visit Las Vegas but then Terry got denied leave for it so we had to improvise. We settled on San Antonio because we really love it, but we didn't exactly have the best time there this trip. My dad booked our rooms at the Sheraton Gunter. I have to say it is a really beautiful hotel - it's old but renovated and reminded me so much of New York for some reason. 

Anyway, Terry wasn't feeling great when we got there so he stayed back while we went to the Riverwalk for dinner Saturday night. I don't know if its because it was Mother's Day weekend and prom but it was crazy. Like could barely move crazy. On top of that Madeline was so hyper, it was hot, and we were trying to find this restaurant and didn't know where we were going. Anyway, we finally found it and the wait was over an hour so we left and went to a pizza place instead. Randomly, there was a carriage parked outside so my dad decided to treat us to a carriage ride around town for Mother's Day. It was SO pretty and it was just getting dark so the city was lit up. Madeline truly thought she was in Cinderella's carriage, and it was the cutest thing ever. My sweet baby! 

The hotel


On "Cinderella's" carriage



So our night ended up being good after all! 
 
We got up Sunday (Mother's Day) morning ready to just relax around the hotel and pool after such a crazy couple of days. I got ready and went to Mom and Dad's room with Madeline so Terry could get a bath to try to open up his sinuses. Well, he got his water the temp he wanted it, and slid back and cut his back. The soap dish was broken in half and it took the first layer of his skin off when he slid back. It was gross and it bled off and on all day. The hotel wanted him to go to the ER but the way it cut him, there was nothing they could've done for him. The supervisor was not very helpful (to put it nicely), and we were SO frustrated. So because of the way she acted, we checked out early. *Graphic picture*


Pretty gross, huh?

Anyway, I wanted to salvage the rest of our weekend so I called a hotel in Fredericksburg and booked a room there. We LOVED it! I thought it was such a cute town, and I am a little sad that we've lived here for over 3 years and never been there. But anyway, the hotel had an awesome pool and it was much more relaxing than San Antonio. We ate a delicious lunch at Mamacita's, and just relaxed. Madeline loved the pool, and wasn't the least bit scared which wasn't necessarily a good thing! haha 
                    
I was pretty impressed that she went down the slide by herself...it was pretty tall but she wasn't scared. Well, until she went down it anyway. Her face looks a little worried! She did it several times though so she must have liked it! haha
She had SO much fun with my dad...it looks like he's checking out his guns in this picture! haha

 
 So Mother's Day ended up being a little stressful but it all worked out okay. We got a full refund from the hotel in San Antonio *after I called their corporate office*, and enjoyed Fredericksburg. We loved this candy store - I got my mom some stuff from here for Mother's Day, and I got my Dad some chocolate covered bacon. He wasn't a fan! haha They had chocolate covered everything there so I had to get him at least one gross thing!



Distracted by a giant lizard -she's for sure my kid!!

I decided we have to go back to Fredericksburg at least once more before we move! :)

1 comment: