Thursday, July 30, 2015

Baby Talk

I reeealllly struggled about whether to write this post. But I think a year from now or 10 years from now, I'll be glad I did. 

Deep breath...

We've been talking about adoption for a few years off and on. Well, a couple of months ago, we got more serious. Then after a lot of research we picked an agency. Tonight we have our first official meeting toward adoption. 

I have no idea how any of this will work out. There are SO many factors that I never even considered until we got halfway serious. Would we adopt a race other than our own? Do we have a gender preference? How in the world will we raise the money? If you weren't aware, adoption is expensive. Open or closed adoption? How will the dynamics in our home change? How will it affect Madeline? How will it affect our marriage? 

I'm exhausted thinking about all we need to prepare for a home study. 

But y'all my heart is 100% on board. I've been in tears off and on today thinking about us actually having another baby. I am pretty terrified but over the moon excited. 

Would you pray that if this is God's will for our family that it will be crystal clear after tonight? 

My hope is that this is the first of many posts for baby #2. 


1 comment: