Thursday, July 9, 2015

Bubbles....

"Dog's lives are too short. Their only fault, really." Agnes Sligh Turnbull


Before there was Gizmo, there was Bubbles. 

When I was 17, I wanted a poodle more than I wanted anything. Well, my parents surprised me that Christmas and got me a puppy. He was a champagne colored toy poodle, and I named him Bubbles. 


My sweet Bubs was there for my first prom with my first love...


He would get so excited when I would come home that he'd pee and chew on my hair the minute I picked him up. Nobody's ever been that excited to see me. 


He'd put on his best tie and go to work on Thursdays with my dad...


He's been there through the good hair days...and the bad. 


Most importantly, he loved us. Each of us differently, unconditionally. 



He was the best dog...it's the loss of a friend, a family member, and a part of my life that bridged childhood and adulthood. The best things that have happened in my life happened while we had him. He'll always be my sweet Bubs. 

Rest in peace, sweet boy. You gave us nearly 15 years of the very best a dog could give. We'll always love you...





No comments:

Post a Comment