Sunday, August 28, 2011

8 Months

My Sweet Madeline,

You are 8 Months Old Today!!! You weigh about 17lbs -- you've been sick and lost your appetite so you haven't gained much weight this month. You wear size 3 shoe and size 6-9 month clothes. I had to move you to size 12month pajamas because you are so long! Lucky girl!

You had your very first trip to the beach and you LOVED it! :) You also went on a plane for the first time. You slept through every flight almost the whole time.

You are going to hate me one day for this, but you love to be naked! You get very excited the second your clothes come off, and you hate putting more clothes on...kind of ironic seeing as how you have SO many clothes!


You have just started making this face and really cheesing for the camera! You start smiling and blinking your eyes when we get the camera out! You are so funny!

No surprise here but your still love your bath. I think it is your favorite part of your day!

You love to play and be played with. You are pretty independent, but when you want me, you come find me! You really love peek-a-boo and patty cake!


You love the pantry, especially the dog's food and water bowl. You're not too picky though -- you'll play with anything you can get your hands on in there! :)

You are constantly at war with your bouncy seat. You pull up on it, shake it, stand on top of it, but sometimes this happens...the bouncy wins from time to time!


This is your new favorite seated position -- you sit like a little frog! So cute!

You still eat about the same amount and like the same foods. You have been sick the past week and teething this month so your appetite hasn't been all that great -- a first for you! You drink about 4-5 bottles a day now. You love your bottle, but have pretty much given up your pacifier on your own. You don't even use it at night anymore.

You make the funniest faces. You also really watch our faces now to try to figure out what we're saying or what noises we're making! I can't tell you how many times a day you make me laugh with your facial expressions!

You had your first sleepover...almost. The intention was there but Jaylei, Brynn, and Ayden couldn't fall asleep so they went to their house. You still had a blast with them and they didn't leave until long after you were asleep!

You love being hung upside down, tossed in the air, swung around, etc. You are so fun!

New this month is dancing! You LOVE to dance. You dance with us, but mostly you dance on your own at your leap frog table. You also like to head bang which has given you a couple of bruises! :)

I figured you deserved a picture of your triumph over your bouncy seat!
You have been going through what I call hyper hour at night. You flail your arms up and down while bouncing up and down and yelling. You are SO hyper at night and Daddy and I just crack up at you! You have so much energy and are so fun to watch!
You got your first tooth!!! It is just poking above your gums and is so cute! Although, teething is no fun for you...or me and Daddy!

You are into everything...literally! You try to climb on anything you can, and I find you in this basket about once a day now! You took the air freshener out of the wall behind you. You broke one yesterday in the hallway and the hall smelled awesome all day! You are nonstop busy, busy, busy! You are still cruising and thinking about walking but you haven't taken the plunge...yet. You are pushing things around so I am pretty sure you are close!


I can't believe it has been 8 months since I got to see your sweet face for the first time. I prayed and prayed for you...I just wanted a healthy baby girl and God gave me so much more than I could have ever imagined. You are the light of my life. I love seeing your smiling face every morning and kissing your sweet cheeks before bed each night. I am so thankful for you. Everyone says when you have a baby, it's like your heart is outside your body for the rest of your life. That's exactly how I feel about you. I love you more than I could ever tell you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment