Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Rosie

I saw her for the first time in the parking lot today. I noticed the empty car seat in her car. I noticed her slender frame, cute A-line skirt, and navy blue polka dotted hat. I couldn't help but notice that she was about my age. I couldn't miss her sweet smile and polite wave. Her kind eyes shining and her bald head peeking out from her cute hat. 

We met up again later today in the kitchen. Rosie is a mom of a 4 year old girl. Madeline had skinned her knee and I was cleaning it up. Rosie told Madeline how she knew all about boo boos. 

She will be here until September all by herself receiving chemotherapy.  Rosie has been on my mind and heart all day. I know two things for sure today - I am blessed far more than I deserve and that a five minute encounter with a woman my age is forever etched in my mind. Praying for her and her family tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment