Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Terrible...

I took about the worst possible pictures last week when we celebrated the 4th of July! We went to the Pops Concert downtown Wednesday night and watched the fireworks. Madeline was in heaven. She kept saying "they're very beautiful, aren't they, Momma?" She melted my heart. There were a ton of people there and the fireworks were pretty lame but she thought they were the greatest thing ever!


I didn't bring my camera so I just used my phone - not my best work! :) 



This picture is particularly bad but this was her face most of the night - completely mesmerized!





Thursday we hung out here. We were going to go the Freedom Fest but the thought of chasing Madeline in a crowd of a million people for 3 1/2 hours just to watch fireworks became less and less appealing as the day went on. We decided to just watch the fireworks and skip the rest of the "fest". But then a couple of Terry's friends from work came over and we ended up grilling a feast and may or may not have had a little fireworks of our own. It was so relaxed and so fun. And guess what? I didn't take one picture! I love 4th of July and I love fireworks!!! I am so thankful for our freedom and grateful to our men and women who continue to protect it. I am particularly blessed to be married to a studly man in uniform!

No comments:

Post a Comment