Thursday, January 5, 2012

Anxiety...

I signed up for my TEAS V test which means it is real that I am getting ready to submit my application for nursing school. I am terrified. I am constantly wondering if this is the right decision. It's a lot of money, I won't be able to work full time, and Madeline will have to go to daycare for me to do it. Thinking about leaving her is the worst aspect of all of this. I realize thousands, probably even millions of moms leave their children every day to go to work but I haven't yet and I'm petrified. But the bottom line is for at least the next 12 years we will need dual income, and the situation we're in now just isn't working. I also have crazy dreams of taking a week or two each year and going on mission trips to help children in third world countries who need medical care once I am through with school. Maybe it will happen.

I also have an abscessed tooth that my dentist wants to pull. I have a hate/hate relationship with going to the dentist. I hate the way it smells, the way my mouth feels during a cleaning, the awful noises that come from the tools they use, and just the overall process of going. So naturally, I put it off until, well, this time until I had to go because I could barely open my mouth. I thought it had to do with TMJ which I do have but after the 5th day of not being able to open my mouth all the way, I figured I better call the dentist. I have a nasty infection and he put me on antibiotics 4 times a day and told me if I start to swell to go to the ER for IV antibiotics. Well, it is hard for me to remember to take anything once a day much less four times a day but I am trying. It is painful and they can't pull it until I am done with the antibiotics.  So on 1/12 I will be going to get it pulled...yuck!

Thankfully, I have this (and hopefully a little laughing gas) backing me up...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment