Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Certifiable...

If you didn't think I was crazy before, you probably will after this post. I don't think it's a secret that I love animals. When I was a kid, I had almost any pet you could name, a lot of which I "rescued" myself. That being said, we discovered a mouse problem in our garage...





Just kidding...this is coffee grinds that I spilled out of the garbage. I just felt the need to add a little drama. Have you ever spilled coffee grinds? Not fun to clean up. But, for real, we had a mouse. At least one. He has been on my mind all day today and I have seen him run across the garage every time I have switched the laundry. I saw him this morning for the first time and fell in love. He is so tiny and cute! I couldn't bear the thought of killing him.


Terry probably wouldn't come out and say this to anyone but he loves animals as much as I do. So he made this trap for me. It has a cracker hanging down in the middle and we propped it up on a pen so when the mouse went after the cracker the bowl would fall on him and he would be trapped. We caught him three times before we figured out how to get him out from under the bowl without him running away. Mice aren't the most intelligent animals...poor guy fell for the same trap three times in an hour. Anyway, we finally figured out how to keep him in the trap.


Cardboard underneath the trap did the trick. He is even cuter up close. I only wish I could have gotten a good picture of him! 


After we had him really trapped, Terry taped the bowl down so he couldn't get out.  


This cutie was VERY helpful during all of this! 


We drove him to a field near our neighborhood, and I took him out a little way so he wouldn't be too close to any houses, and we set him free. 

It's the best mouse trap ever, and I just love Terry so much for appreciating how important it was to me not to kill him. We have the trap reset in case there is another one. Hopefully, we got the only one. I'll keep you posted!  



PS My mouth feels great today but I would rather have another c-section than get another tooth pulled - I'm not kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment